About TM Asia
Based in Singapore, Tokio Marine Management Services Pte Ltd began providing insurance-related services to Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co. Ltd’s regional subsidiaries in 1992. (Tokio Marine & Fire Insurance Co. Ltd later merged with The Nichido Fire and Marine Insurance Co. Ltd, forming Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd.) As part of the group’s growth strategy, Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co. Ltd transferred part of its function to Tokio Marine Management Services Pte Ltd, and in 2001 the organisation began managing group companies within the Asia region.
Whilst continuing the management of group companies in Asia, Tokio Marine Management Services Pte Ltd was rebranded in 2006, changing its name to Tokio Marine Asia Pte Ltd (TM Asia).
Today TM Asia is an established regional headquarters and intermediate holding company, based at the Tokio Marine Centre in Singapore. Our organisation oversees 16 regional companies in 9 countries, which employ over 5,000 people across the region. This includes 9 P&C Insurance companies, 5 Life Insurance companies and 2 Reinsurance companies.
TM Asia, is a sister company of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd, with 100% shares held by Tokio Marine Holdings. TM Asia also holds the shares of its regional companies which are widely represented in Asia with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Australia, Philippines, Vietnam and India.
Our role is to maintain the consistent growth of Tokio Marine Non-Life and Life Insurance operations within the region by providing management and technical support to new business activities, as well as the development and enhancement of products and services. By doing so we aim to increase the corporate value of our group, and sustain the delivery of high quality services to our customers.
TM Asia’s Vision
- “Competent” – Identify customers’ needs in each market by using country specific strategic marketing methodology and provide them with best suited insurance products and services, based on good infrastructure and capability.
- “Corporate Governance, Compliance & Risk Management” – Actively promote corporate governance and compliance as well as strengthen risk management practices within the group.
- “Contribute to Society” – An active contributor to the sound development of the local insurance industry and the economy of host countries.
- “Respected Company” – A respected company throughout Asia where employees strive towards professionalism and open communication.
The Mission of Tokio Marine Asia Group, as an integral part of Tokio Marine Group, will:
- “Customers’ Trust” – Offer a peace of mind to all customers.
- “Top Tier Insurance Group” – Be a Top Tier Insurance Group in Asia, with ‘Sustainable Profitable Growth’.
Learn more about the Tokio Marine Group
Check out our 3 minute group video from the Tokio Marine Holding site.